Another Tocalo Tucson has come to a close and what a huge success this year’s seminar was. Guests Bob Becker, Anders Astand, and composer Matthew Burtner were incredible. We performed many of Bob’s works with Bob, accompanied him on Rags, and witnessed him perform three solo marimba works in concert. Anders, of course, was his typical virtuosic self, performing solo vibes, and coaching the participants on many of his works. That guy, is also hilarious! Matthew Burtner worked with four resident composers on world premieres, and we performed pieces of his as well. Matthew is about as great as it gets when it comes to electro-acoustic composition – his accomplishments speak for themselves. It will be hard to top it next year…but I have exciting news regarding our 2020 guests, so stayed tuned!!!
- Tocalo Tucson 2019 a Huge Success!
- Famed Drummer, John Riley, comes to the FFSoM!
- Trevor Barroero is the new Principle Percussionist with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra
- Junior Percussionist, Claire Thorpe, front line percussion with DCI 2018 Champions, Santa Clara Vanguard!
- DMA Percussionist, Michael Pratt wins FFSoM Concerto Competition!